Back to my new home

After a really buzzy fortnight in the UK, I must admit I felt quite trepidatious about returning to my quiet life in the Spanish hills. It was so nice to catch up with friends, see a film in Peckham, have a walk around Milton Keynes and ride my bike in London. I found myself wondering exactly what I think I am doing, and whether I am actually doing the right thing.

Something I am considering is Life Coaching. I've signed up for emails from Lisa Hoashi, a brilliant life coach near Barcelona. This morning, I received an interesting exercise from her in the e-post. This is it:

Find a quiet spot to do some reflection and writing. Answer these two questions:

1: You visit your doctor and learn you only have 5-10 years to live. You'll never feel sick, but you don't know when you'll go. What will you change about your life?

2: This time the doctor shocks you with the news that you only have one day to live. Notice your thoughts:

- What did I miss?
- What did I not get to be?
- What did I not get to do?

I found my answers flowed. The puzzle is, with hopefully rather more than five years to live, does that make any difference?

Anyhow, there's only one musical track for a post like this. Here it is:

Comments

Popular Posts