Last days of the pool


As I mentioned before, I felt a bit unsure of myself when I got back to Spain - but yesterday did what I usually do at this time of year, which is to head to the public pool during the afternoon siesta. It's quiet at that time, with just a few holidaymakers taking advantage.

There were a few more people than normal - and unusually two were doing lengths (most days it is just myself doing an obligatory 20-30).

There’s always a lovely fresh breeze at the pool, and in the absence of anything better to do, I decided to stay put. With most people gone, I was still dozing in the sun at 7pm - and just when you’d think nothing else would happen, was surprised by the sound of noisy exclamations, bird-like hoots and vigorous splashes coming from a group of my favourite shopkeeper ladies and other mature adults who’d arrived for their evening aqua-aerobics class. The session was led by one of the lovely pool attendants who's been on duty almost every day since the end of June, and it wasn't long before he jumped in with them for a well deserved cool-down.

I’m not sure what's a good swimming song - but did find myself contentedly humming this on the walk home. It's a personal favourite from Horace Andy. If you go to YouTube to play it, I love the first comment underneath, too!

Comments

Popular Posts