The Nijar Book Club Meetup Group is born!

I've just started the Nijar Book Club Meetup Group on a complete whim, hoping it might lead to good things! If it doesn't, I'll knock it on the cabeza, so to speak. The weird thing is that when I was trying to pinpoint the club's location on this tiny little map provided by meetup, it landed slap bang on Nijar which is where the group is nominally based because meetup doesn't recognise my own little village. Nijar is a really creative town, so who knows, it might work out. Once I feel brave enough to launch Goats & Honey properly, I'll see if I can add it to the meetup page. If any of my current handful of blog readers is in the area, please do feel more than welcome to join!

Hmm, something a bit different for today's musical track then - and check out the beautiful backing vocals by Afrodiziak, comprising Caron Wheeler of Soul ll Soul and the late Claudia Fontaine who sang with so many of the great artists of the 80s and 90s that her face is as memorable as most of theirs. The link on her name goes to an interesting Guardian article about her, which I hope you will enjoy.

Comments

Popular Posts