Countryside Flow

It's been a quiet few days, but I have at least got myself out there as a professora de Inglés. I took the online route via Superprof.es which was refreshingly straightforward. No takers yet, but I ordered a full complement of text books anyhow.

Last Sunday, I went for a lovely evening paseo out into the country. On the way I met Ana, a sweet lady from the village, who asked whether I was on holiday. I said no, I was seeking work. "As a professora!" said her friend. Ana then said her granddaughter would like some lessons. So, it was almost as easy as that to find my first student.

I've been at home every day since, awaiting the text books which have been arriving haphazardly in the post. Now just need to get my teaching head back on, prepare, and contact Ana's granddaughter. Hopefully she will be the first happy student of many!

If you're open to it, life in the country can really flow. This song is in honour of that:

Comments

Popular Posts